9 Nov 2010

2 exhibitions, a first class degree and a bird perched in a treetop!

Well, it's been a busy month (and a bit) since my last post. Following a relatively quiet week at the degree show, it was straight back to work preparing for Earth and Fire (Rufford) and New Designers. Having only made two pieces of work in ceramic for my degree show, it meant a hectic couple of weeks getting work ready for Rufford, but I managed it and was pleased with the new work I made. A few examples below.
                    
Perched in the Treetops (2010)
'Perched in the Treetops'

The Walker (2010)
'The Walker'
    Perching in the Landscape (2010)
   'Perching in the Landscape'
       
I really enjoyed Earth and Fire and received some good feedback, but no time to stop and think, the following day we were loading the van for new designers. It was a long week, but good practice for standing on a stall for several days. I again had some nice feedback and got a couple of good leads. These included an application for the Xmas Market at The Harley Gallery, Worksop and interest from the RBSA Gallery, Birmingham who are having an exhbition around the theme of Birds in the spring.
So things were going well, then finally comfirmation of our final grades and degree....I got a first class, yippeee! Still hasn't sunk in. By this time I was ready for a holiday...two weeks in Greece did the trick. Now even though I thought I had totally switched off, when I came across this great beech full of driftwood ( and a whole load of other rubbish) I felt like I'd found hidden treasure. But how was I going to get it back to the UK? Well, my suitcase was full to the brim and I'm look forward to using it in my new work.

  driftwood beach   driftwood beach
'driftwood galore on a secluded beach in Lesbos'

So watch this space as I start to prepare for Bakewell Craft and Gift fair over the Bank Holiday weekend. Then I will be exhibiting at the Melbourne Festival in September, which I'm really looking forward to. I am exhibiting along with artist Stuart Hill in one of the host venues.

No comments:

Post a Comment